Saturday, September 4, 2010

"Half of my heart's got a grip on the situation, half of my heart takes time."-jm

So far, college isn’t really at all what I expected. Half of me is so ready to be here and do “college” things. Ready to really get involved in campus life. But the other half is overwhelmed by the work load and being so independent. At sometime during the day, I get to the point where I start freaking out and think, “Holy crap. What have I gotten myself into?”.


Now I’m not a big party girl, I don’t see the point in it, but how is it that all these other students can go out to clubs, drink, and stay up till 2 or 3 in the morning and still function the next day? I can barely stay up till 12 and just watch a movie without being tired for class. I’m not saying that I want to do all those things, what I’m saying is, is that I want to be able to find my balance between work and play. How can I get all my work done, do it well, and on time… and still have a social life? I think for right now that’s going to be one of my biggest priorities. Finding my balance here. I don’t want to have to freak out and question myself and my abilities everyday.

Another thing I always question myself with, is, “How did I get here?”. And by “here” I mean, this point in my life. I just graduated from high school, and now I’m in college? I feel like I just watched my sister, who is six years older than me, graduate. I remember sitting in the bleachers at the football field as her and 600 other kids walked to their seats, and thinking that it’ll be forever before that’s me down there. Well, forever has come and gone. She graduated, then my brother did, then it was my turn. Soon enough, I’ll graduate from SCSU. But hopefully that won’t come too soon. I want to enjoy this time in my life as much as I can.

 
So here’s to you SCSU, and all the good times we’ll share.

No comments:

Post a Comment