Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Y :P

So, not looking forward to work at the Y on Sunday. I hate the uniform we have to wear. The shirt is this awkward Stop and Shop yellow/gold color with kaki pants. It looks so bad together. It sucks that my shift during the week is 5:30-9:30 p.m. because none of my supervisors are even there, but I have to ear it anyway. Sundays are like that too. I’m there all day, from 12-5 p.m. by myself. Why do I have to wear this ugly uniform. Or supervisors don’t have to wear it… You’d think that the people that work at the front desk, the people you see when you first walk in, would look a little nicer, ya know? But nope, our gross Stop and Shop colored shirts with our kaki pants, that’s what you get to see.

Surprisingly, a lot of the members complained about the uniforms. The were very sympathetic of it’s ugliness. The not only felt bad, but they very politely, basically said, “Those new uniforms are really ugly and are hard to even look at, why can’t you dress how you did before?” Before, we got to wear yoga pants and a t-shirt of any kind as long as there wasn’t writing on it. There wasn’t a problem with what we wore before, so why did it have to change? The new shirts don’t even have the Y logo on it…

The Y is changing its symbol and colors, so there will be shirts we can get in the future, but that won’t be fore at least another 8-9 months.

Ugh I hate these uniforms. L

No comments:

Post a Comment